Currently the Town communicates to citizens using the remaining newspaper, the Town website, social media (including You-Tube) and email – and communications manager Ashley Purdy wants to know how it can be done better. A new survey with 10 questions is now available until Friday, March 29, 2019 (see link below). Questions start by asking how you currently get news and go on to ask for suggestions on what can be done to do better. The focus is on what the Town does: Planning, Town managed events and Venture 13 but there is no suggestion that the Town should provide information on what other organizations are doing even though the Town promotes Tourism and visitors are interested in events managed by anyone and everyone in the Town.
- How do you stay informed about Town news and information?
- What type of news do you want to hear more of from the Town of Cobourg?
- We are continually striving to provide an informative and functional website (www.cobourg.ca). Can you offer a suggestion on how to improve the site?
- Town of Cobourg Council Meetings are broadcast live to the public on our YouTube channel. Do you watch our meetings live and/or after they’ve aired?
- Have you missed news in the past from us? If so, what type of information have you missed?
- How do you find out about new development applications/proposals in the community?
- What kind of programs and services would you like to see offered at Venture13?
- How can we better communicate with you?
Here is your chance to comment on the job being done on the web site and whether Social media is working for you.