Although the buying and selling of commercial properties such as stores and businesses is advertised to business people, residents may also be interested in what’s happening with new owners, new businesses, new construction and other related changes. Real Estate agents don’t always make their listings public and certainly keep actual sell prices to themselves – I guess it helps with job security. The list below comes from the Internet but it’s not known if an omission means that something has sold or simply been removed from listings.
There are two groups of properties tied to personalities: 1) the “John Lee” properties – that is, they were owned by him at one point but are now being sold off – these generally have an address at or near 79 King West. And 2) properties owned by Mr. Fung Louie which seem to be overpriced with some in bad shape – they have been listed since January 2019. These are 41 to 47 King west. There’s no sign yet that he wants to sell his Midtown restaurant which has been closed for many years.
Commercial Property listings in Cobourg
As of the date of this Post – in order of decreasing value.
|$8,500,000||Densmore Road||Vacant land 6.27 Acres on Densmore Road adjacent to Extendicare. Includes development approval for 112 residential units|
|$5,500,000||884 Division St||2 Multi-Tenant commercial buildings. On almost 7 Acres of land, 14 Units in Total.|
|$1,680,000||92 King St W||Building only – restaurant and 4 apartments|
|$1,150,000||201 Division Street||Harden & Huyse building. Home of The Loft and Craft Food House – Building only for sale.|
|$975,000||7 & 9 King Street W||Dutch Oven building with apartment above. It seems both building and restaurant business are for sale.|
|$899,000||79 King Street W #8||Also known as 89 King West – Spa Condo Unit and residential condo bungalow style – Business sold separately|
|$850,000||3 King St W||Houses Edward Jones and apartment – building only|
|$845,000||31 King St E||Oasis Restaurant and apartment over – may have been sold.|
|$799,000||9 and 11 King Street E||Mixed-use commercial residential building. 3 living spaces but not legally 3 Residential apartments 3 Commercial units including new barber shop (the Grubby Barber) and retro clothing & vintage collectibles store in the other two.|
|$599,000||43, 45 King St W||Building adjacent to Buy & Sell – Vacant store|
|$599,000||47 King St W||Building only – Tenant is Buy & Sell.|
|$589,000||346-348 Division St||4 two bedroom apartments|
|$499,000||41 King St W||Closed store. Appears to be in poor repair.|
|$489,000||409 Division St.||NW Corner of Division Street and University Avenue. Was Reg Wards Insurance but that business has moved to 247 Division St.|
|$459,000||261 Spring St.||Building only – houses dental office|
|$449,000||Elgin St.||Prime 1.87 Acre lot for sale. South East “corner” of Division and Elgin. On Elgin a bit east of corner.|
|$309,000||79 King Street W #A||Condo retail space|
|$269,900||79 King Street W #D||Condo retail space – Leased to Freedom Mobile|
|$262,935||79 King Street W #B||Condo retail unit – vacant|
|$149,900||95 King St W||Matterhorn Restaurant – business only for sale.|
|$160,000||500 Division St||Chinese Take-Out Restaurant (No-Frills Plaza). Business only for sale|
|$147,000||79 King Street W #85||Condo retail space|
|$95,000||#3 – 1030 Division St||Car Detailing business|
|$69,000||79 AKA 89 King Street W #8||Spa business only for sale|
Properties no longer listed publicly
Although these properties are no longer listed publicly, the Town’s Economic Development Department still listed them as available inventory up until a day or two ago so perhaps they are still for sale (but the Town no longer provides such a list – sorry. Now available – thanks to reader. Click here.) Also in approx. order of value.
- Woodlawn Inn 420 Division St. $2.55M Last known asking price
- 202 Second Street (Quigley land) – approved for a condo development but sales didn’t happen and it’s now a parking lot. Asking price was over $2M.
- 66 King East – Meet at 66 King – was asking $1.5M. Includes building, business and adjacent Antique market
- Millstone Bakery on Albert St – was asking $1.25M
- 2 King East. The building on the North-East corner of Division and King has been up for sale for many years – no word on its future. There were also plans to convert it to a Condo.
- Building housing Julie’s Place at 396 William (cnr of University) was for sale – no word if it sold – Julie’s Place has now closed. Building includes an operating variety store. In 2017 the asking price was $899,000 for the building plus the restaurant business (it was Lets Eat then).
- 448 D’Arcy The building housing a closed Sushi Restaurant and 6 apartments may have been sold. In 2015 the ask price was $895,000.
- The Park Playhouse is no doubt still for sale although it’s not even listed in the Town’s inventory. However there’s no word on its future. The Town and other groups seem to have lost interest. Like Sidbrooke, it will likely be left to be demolished by neglect, declared a hazard, officially demolished and Condos built there instead. The going price was most recently around $700,000.
There’s no word on what’s planned for the Mall. It’s not for sale and Planning don’t have any requests for approval of work there.
If you are interested in the price of residential homes in Cobourg and how they compare to Toronto, go to this page.