Although there are concerns about some empty stores in Cobourg, there are other businesses that seem to be doing well. But even if you are doing well, it may be time to retire or simply move on. In addition, some businesses are tenants and the owners of their building want to sell. When businesses and buildings sell, it lets everyone know what the market thinks that these properties and businesses are worth. Real Estate agents have to publish their offerings to connect with buyers yet they are also often coy about letting the public know because the business may not want clients to know they are thinking of moving out or maybe shutting down. In many cases, there are two parts to a price – the value of the business and the value of the building; sometimes both are sold and sometimes only one part.
Here is a report on the Commercial Real Estate market with a focus on business properties that many will be familiar with. The list includes the business name, the address, a phrase used in the listing, whether it’s the business and/or the building, the asking price and the agent with his web site/page. This is not a complete list – e.g. empty stores for rent are not included. Some of these properties have been on sale for a while; others are new listings. The list is in descending price sequence.
Significant Commercial Properties for Sale
- Woodlawn Inn 420 Division. The Woodlawn Inn is a renowned boutique hotel and a preferred destination for those seeking fine dining and superlative guest accommodations. Business and building. $2.55M Agent: Tony Pulla
- Meet at 66 King & Dairy Dream – Address 66 King East. Can be tenant occupied or vacant – implies with or without the business. $1.55M Agent: Dalt Spicer
- Millstone Bread 53-55 Albert St., Popular Bakery with large income and room for continued growth – business and building $1.25M Agent: Michal Hasek
- Harden & Huyse building 201 Division Street – one of Cobourg’s much admired landmarks The building houses the Cobourg Loft, Craft Food House and more. Building only $1.15M Agent: Tony Pulla
- El Camino 74 King West Excellent investment opportunity for the savvy real estate investor. Implication is for building only. $895K Agent: Tony Pulla
- Oasis 31 King East Amazing Mixed use Income Property. Implication that owner wants to sell restaurant/bar business as well as building. $845K. Agent: Johnny Percolides
- Frank’s Pasta and Grill 426 King East. Own One Of Cobourg’s Most Popular Establishments $229K business and building, or business only $125K. Agent: Kelly Welton
- Marca’s #201 – 165 Division. Great Views of Lake Ontario – Only Business and fixtures are for sale at $149K Agent: CHI Real Estate Group
Previous updates included one downtown property (land) that seems to be no longer for sale and certainly is not found in a Google search: 202 Second Street – 2018 Downtown Update