The People’s Party of Canada (PPC) was launched by Maxime Bernier on September 14, 2018 when he broke away from the Conservative Party. Elections Canada gave it official recognition on January 18, 2019. In November 2018, the PPC established an Electoral District Association (EDA) in Northumberland Peterborough-South (see report below). At the time, Frank Vaughan, a farmer from Codrington, was appointed as Riding president and now he has announced he will be the local PPC Candidate in the Federal election in October. Frank has issued a long rationale as to why he is running but it is clear that when he references previous government actions, he is unhappy with both Conservatives and Liberals. The emergence of the PPC and the rising popularity of the Green Party tell me that there are an increasing number of people unhappy with all existing politicians.
Summary of Statement
This is a summary of Frank’s long statement on why he is running. See Links and Video below for the full version.
- I want to stand with people committed to doing it (politics) differently.
- Mulroney gave us Agenda 21 in 1992, and accelerated the fire sale of the majority of Canada’s gold reserves while speeding the massive accumulation of national debt, both trends first created by Pierre Elliot Trudeau.
- Chretien and Martin shifted into overdrive the carving up of this nation, selling it to China and other international interests without a care for its effect on future generations of Canadians.
- Stephen Harper continued all those trends, from increasing our national debt to selling off ever more of the nation not just to China, but also to the House of Saud, and others.
- Harper delivered us further to the UN by signing us onto Agenda 2030
- Trudeau Jr. gave us M-103, C-48, C-71, C-75, C-69, the prosperity killing, redistributionist Paris Climate Treaty, the sovereignty killing Global Compact on Migration, and who sold us out at any price in pursuit of a United Nation’s Security Council Seat to name but a few of his legacies.
- Andrew Scheer promises to meet those same commitments, and keep most of Trudeau’s policies intact, talking tough rhetoric, but promising on paper to change almost nothing substantive.
- These men all have one thing in common: They have each weakened Canada by any definition one can choose.
- There is no difference between the direction that all the mainstream parties wish to take us, from the Greens to the Liberals.
- (The) UN mandates socialism, while all I want a healthy draft of Canadian sovereignty, and a resurgence of national identity and pride.
- I want to put Canada First for the first time in generations, and I will make no apologies for it.
- Our country is superior to many, and I wish to be part of a movement that declares one of its primary goals to be maintaining that superiority for all of our people of every race, colour, and creed, even if that maintenance comes at the expense of our so-called global commitments.
- The Western provinces are being ripped off through equalization, and only the PPC under Maxime Bernier’s leadership is courageous enough to talk about it.
- (Maxime) is the only leader in Ottawa talking about ending all Foreign Aid, and prioritizing the needs of Canadians, over those of the world.
- Maxime has a plan to honour the constitution.
- The PPC is the only party listening to Canadians.
- It is the right thing to do, and politics needs to be far more about right and wrong, and far less about right and left.
Here is a video of Frank giving more detailed reasons for running.
- New Party Established in Riding – 10 November 2018
- Frank Vaughan’s full announcement
- People’s Party of Canada Web site
- Cobourg News Blog’s impartial listing of Candidates and other info on Election