A Google search will find answers to questions that you know to ask but doesn’t work well if you don’t know what to ask. Would you think to ask “when did a plane land in Cobourg?” Or “what activities are there in Cobourg?” And some questions don’t get complete answers – like “what shows are on this weekend?” What you need are web sites that you go to that provide those answers – but how do you find those web sites? Well, read on. You already know how to get Cobourg News – it’s right here plus I have provided links to other news sites in Cobourg (see menu at the top of the page). But it’s not always obvious where to find the other stuff you want to know but don’t know what question to ask.
If you live in Cobourg, you’ll want to know about what makes Cobourg tick (Answer: read a bit about its History) and you’ll want to know things to do (apart from work!). There are other things you might want to know (e.g. find Medical help) and the recently completely overhauled Cobourg Internet site might help with that. Or just Google your question (or ask Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri).
- My favourite story in Cobourg’s History is about the plane that landed in Cobourg in 1951 (go here for details) If you haven’t already read the story, it’s highly recommended. History is one of those subjects that sounds boring but it’s really just old news – when things happened they were the news of the day and some of it is just as interesting as today’s news.
- There is a flickr site that has a whole lot of old Cobourg Photos (1001) – go here
- Did you know that there are several museums in Cobourg? Go here.
- The Cobourg Historical Society has put Richard Randall’s collection of old Postcards on-line here
Things to do
- If you want to be entertained, you need a list of entertainment events and you can get that at the new site: Cobourg Calendar
- Not included on that calendar are the movies at the Loft and Rainbow Cinemas – follow links for their programs.
- But if you want to do stuff – you need to join a club, participate in Sports or join a Church. There’s a comprehensive list of these here. (87 listed).
- If you want kids and family activities (and more), the Cobourg Library has a full program
Computer and Internet Information
- If you need an internet connection – then look at this review of Internet Service Suppliers here.
- If you want to compare Cell phone service providers, you’ll want to know which ones have the best coverage – that’s detailed here.
- If you need your computer fixed (or want to buy a new one) – see my review of people who will do that for you.
Since there are fewer printed newspapers, we now rely on the Internet to take their place but that requires that we know how to use it and find stuff there. Maybe AI (via Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri) will soon do the job and anticipate even what we want to ask.