Late Saturday, May 22, the Town of Cobourg issued a Press Release “asking for the community’s patience and understanding as the Town takes some time to assess the implications of the most recent public health measures as announced on May 20th by the Province of Ontario.” Because of the recent announcement by the Province of its Roadmap to Reopen plan, some rules have now changed and others may change after June 2 and again possibly after June 14. The Town is saying that they “need time to assess the new guidelines, regulations and implications to municipal programs and services, and the logistics involved with our required response”;. They then spell out some of the immediate changes and announce that once again, they will hold a special emergency Council meeting. This time on May 26 at 6:00 pm via Zoom.
- Outdoor gatherings limits for social gatherings and organized public events will be expanded to 5 people, including different households.
- The following outdoor recreational amenities will be open in Cobourg including basketball courts, tennis and pickleball courts, soccer and baseball fields, the skate park and playgrounds.
- The Cobourg Marina boat launch will open.
- The Cobourg Marina outdoor public washrooms will now have extended hours from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Victoria Park Beach will remain closed until the Special Council Meeting on Wednesday, May 26th takes place and a decision is made on the future operations of the beach.
Although the announcement referred to a web page for updates, the link did not work. Instead go to one of the Links below.
Note that restrictions between June 2 and June 14 are listed under “Before Step One” in “Roadmap to Reopen Plan“. Also, the June 14 date is not yet confirmed and will depend on a Provincial assessment as to whether we are ready. That is, that 60% of adults have had one vaccine dose plus there are positive trends on indicators.
- Press Release – source of above post
- Covid-19 News
- Town News Centre
- Town Zoom meeting schedules
- Town of Cobourg Facebook
Cobourg News Blog – Covid-19 pages
- Covid-19 in Cobourg – the latest status – includes summary of “Road to Reopen”;.
- Vaccine Information – update as provided by District Medical Officer of Health
- Trend Page – Graph of new cases and 7 day average for Northumberland