Nominations closed Friday at 2:00 pm and there were some surprises. Councillor Emily Chorley will not be running again; Nicole Beatty and Suzanne Séguin will be competing for the Deputy Mayor position so one of them will not be on Council; and there will be competition for the Mayor’s position so he won’t be acclaimed this time. There are ten candidates competing for five spots on Council – including current councillors Adam Bureau, Aaron Burchat and Brian Darling. So far, only Mayor Henderson and Michael Sprayson have published any campaign material but then there are 56 days until the first day you can vote – October 14. The official voting date is October 24 but advance voting is possible earlier. Below is some preliminary information but stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.
I will be maintaining up to date information – that’s only the facts – at this page. Included are details on how the vote will be organized plus results of elections back to 2000.
Candidates for Mayor
- Incumbent John Henderson – email Web site – includes his “plan” – a comparison with the other candidate will be published in due course.
- New Candidate Lucas Cleveland – co-owner of Market and Smor – no further info available.
Candidates for Deputy Mayor
- Incumbent Suzanne Séguin – no campaign info yet available
- Councillor Nicole Beatty – no campaign info yet available
Candidates for Council (in order of filing)
- Adam Bureau * – No public campaign info yet
- Aaron Burchat * – No public campaign info yet
- Johnny Percolides – No public campaign info yet
- Brian Darling * – No public campaign info yet
- Miriam Mutton – No public campaign info yet
- Michael Sprayson – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.michaelsprayson.ca – includes how Michael tackles issues.
- Sara Gardinier – No public campaign info yet
- Randy Barber – No public campaign info yet
- Ashley Bouman – No public campaign info yet
- Mark Mills – No public campaign info yet
Stay tuned to Cobourg News blog as more info on candidates is provided. As usual the posts will be open for comments.