It’s not just businesses that are short of staff and experiencing high turnover, it’s also the Town of Cobourg. Looking at the Town’s web site Job Opportunities page, there are four management positions and six temporary or part-time positions. In addition, at Monday’s Council meeting, Planning Coordinator Councillor Nicole Beatty, announced that 3 planning staff are leaving – including Dave Johnson (Planner 1, Heritage). Two of the Management positions stand-out: Dan Taylor was only recently recruited as the Manager of Economic Development but he has left and a replacement is being recruited. The Manager of Planning is described as two possible jobs: either “Development Review” or “Long-Range Planning” – both are needed. The current manager of Planning, Rob Franklin, has the option of choosing which one he wants.
These are the listings as of today. Each job has a “posting” and a “profile”. Links are to the Cobourg news blog server to avoid being lost. The Posting looks like a recruitment notice and the Job Profile is a job description.
- Manager of Economic Development, Posting – Job Profile – wage: $77,259 – $90,363 annually. Closes 28 July.
- Manager of Planning, Posting – Job Profile – wage: $86,249 – $100,900 annually. Closes 29 July.
- Compensation and Benefits Analyst, Posting – Job Profile – wage: $71,398 – $83,538 annually. Closes 9 Sept
- Assistant Manager, Engineering, Posting – Job Profile – wage: $81,754.40 – $95,641.00 annually. No close date provided.
It’s not known if the wages posted include the recent 3% increase. All positions require that the person be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless exemption requests are substantiated. Normal work days are Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30 for 35 hours.
Other listed positions
For more detail on these see Town web site Current Opportunities page per Resources below
Temporary Full-time Positions:
- By-Law Enforcement Officer (Temp)
- Arena Assistant (PT)
- Bar Staff (PT)
- Food and Beverage Worker (PT)
- Recreation and Facility Assistant (PT)
- Crossing Guards (PT – Seasonal)
- Fitness and Activity Instructors
In addition to the above, the three recent planning vacancies have not yet been posted. – Update 21 July: These positions have now been posted.
- Town’s Current opportunities page
- Cobourg Administration – Org chart and contact info on Cobourg Internet.