Cobourg Internet started in November 2004 as a Retirement project and in July 2013, Cobourg News started reporting News about Cobourg. In November 2013, a subscription list was started that provided regular updates to anyone interested. That list now has over 700 subscribers. In September 2017, it migrated to a new platform. I’d like to wish everyone who visits the site a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year and my heartfelt thanks go to all the people who have expressed appreciation of the service provided. Below you will find some Christmas information and a neat video.
- The Mall will be open Sat. Dec. 23 until 8:00 pm and early Sunday Dec. 24 @ 8:30 am – 5:00. The Mall is closed December 25 and January 1.
- Rainbow Cinema closes after the 4:30 pm Christmas Eve film and re-opens Boxing Day. It is open New Year’s Eve but closes after the 7:05 movie. It’s open New Year’s Day. Full schedule here.
- The Loft Cinema will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day but open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Full Schedule here.
- Victoria Hall will have regular hours until Friday Dec 22, then closed Saturday Dec. 23, through Tuesday Dec 26. It will also close January 1st. But be sure to go to the Mayor’s Levee on January 1st at 2:00 pm. Meet and greet the whole Council and hear the Mayor talk about past achievements and future plans.
- The Beer store will be open 10 till 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and will be closed Christmas day, Boxing day (Tuesday) and New Year’s Day.
- The LCBO will close Christmas Eve at 6:00 pm (both locations). They will also be closed Christmas day and Boxing day. The store on Elgin is open New Year’s Eve till 8 pm and on Albert till 6 pm.
Here is a site that caters to children wanting to track Santa’s progress:
Jingle Bells like you’ve never heard (or seen) it before.
From December 2015 – USAF at Union station in Washington DC.