You should know that Cobourg News Blog does not cover all the news in Cobourg and certainly not the rest of Northumberland. Go to the About Page here for a description of “Topics Covered”.
However, the table below has a list of web sites that help fill the gap. Most of them cover all of Northumberland and not just Cobourg. All are free although Northumberland News requires registration to get everything.
Note that if you like to read comments, Ben Burd has a web site that comments on the news. Worth a look – go here. Another site where you can get an opinion on the news, plus some in-depth reporting on selected topics, is Consider This by Robert Washburn.
Additional Sources of Local News
Other web sites with coverage of Cobourg News (as of 15 September, 2023).
|News Source||Operated by||Type – also description||Email Subscription||Includes
|Today’s Northumberland||Pete Fisher||Pete Fisher||News – focus on Police, accidents, primarily West Northumberland – recommended and popular||Yes||No||No comments|
|Northumberland News||North News||MetroLand Media||News Wide ranging, all Northumberland – paid registration required for full access – recommended. Note that print edition has now been discontinued.||Daily *||Yes||No Comments|
|Northumberland 89.7 FM||Truly Local||Community Radio Station||News – in depth reports by Cecilia Nasmith, primarily West Northumberland||No||No||No Comments|
|My FM||93.3MyFM||My Broadcasting Corporation (Radio)||News – wide ranging and quite active||Daily *||Yes||No comments|
* Recommended subscriptions (as well as Cobourg News Blog – see also Town of Cobourg news below).
Note that I don’t get payment from these news sites for directing traffic to them.
Local Radio Stations include local news and in emergencies will usually include frequent updates – although some are better than others at this. I find 107.9 FM does this well. Here is a list of these stations with a link to their web site
- 107.9 FM – Operated by My Broadcasting Corporation – plays Classic Rock – Web site
- 93.3 FM – also Operated by My Broadcasting Corporation – plays Adult Contemporary – Web site
- 103.1 FM – Operated by Moses Znaimer – plays Classical – Web site
- 89.7 FM – Northumberland, Truly Local – Not for Profit – community based – a mix of talk and varied music – Web site
Town of Cobourg News
- The Town has a News Centre page for Public announcements and Press Releases. Go here.
- The Town’s Twitter page is here.
- Or sign up for their newsletters here.
- Or see their facebook page here.
- Cobourg Police issues regular Press Releases and they are put online fairly quickly. Go here.
- The Police also publish a Crime Map which shows how many (but not all) crimes are distributed geographically. Go Here.
Archives of News
For older news, web sites use a search function to allow readers to access older stories. The local news web sites that have this capability are:
- Cobourg News Blog – September 2017 to current date – go to search box – top right every page. Home page.
- Northumberland News – 2002 to current date – Includes Northumberland Today articles from 2012 to November 2017. Go to search box at top right of page. Home page
- Today’s Northumberland – Feb 2018 to current date. Go to search box – top right every page – Home page
Note that old news (more than a few years old) occupies space on servers and it’s unrealistic to expect it to be preserved forever. If you think an old article is worth preserving, then download it and save it on your computer or print it.