You should know that Cobourg News Blog does not cover all the news in Cobourg and certainly not the rest of Northumberland. Go to the About Page here for a description of “Topics Covered”.
However, below is a list of web sites that help fill the gap. Most of them cover all of Northumberland and not just Cobourg. All are free although Northumberland News requires registration to get everything.
Additional Sources of News
Other web sites with coverage of Cobourg News (as of 26 December, 2022)
|News Source||Operated by||Type – also description||Email Subscription||Includes
|Today’s Northumberland||Pete Fisher||Pete Fisher||News – focus on Police, accidents, primarily West Northumberland – recommended.||Yes||No||No comments|
|Northumberland News||North News||MetroLand Media||News Wide ranging, all Northumberland – paid registration required for full access – recommended.||Daily *||Yes||No Comments|
|–||Jay Robinson||News – mostly feel good news, separate pages for each community||No||No||Allowed but rarely made|
|Northumberland 89.7 FM||Truly Local||Community Radio Station||News – in depth reports by Cecilia Nasmith, primarily West Northumberland||No||No||No Comments|
|My FM||93.3MyFM||My Broadcasting Corporation (Radio)||News – wide ranging and quite active||Daily *||Yes||No comments|
|Breaking News Northumberland||Austin Brettell||Austin Brettell||Mostly Police and Fire news. Quite active. But not just Northumberland||Yes||No||Allowed but rarely made|
|Consider This||Robert Washburn||Robert Washburn||News Blog. A bit limited but well done.||No||No||No comments|
* Recommended subscriptions (as well as Cobourg News Blog – see also Town of Cobourg news below).
A note about Twitter.
Previously, Cobourg News Blog sent notifications of new posts by Twitter but that has been suspended until Elon Musk stops destroying Twitter’s reputation and credibility.
Local Radio Stations include local news and in emergencies will usually include frequent updates – although some are better than others at this. I find 107.9 FM does this well. Here is a list of these stations with a link to their web site
- 107.9 FM – Operated by My Broadcasting Corporation – plays Classic Rock – Web site
- 93.3 FM – also Operated by My Broadcasting Corporation – plays Adult Contemporary – Web site
- 103.1 FM – Operated by Moses Znaimer – plays Classical – Web site
- 89.7 FM – Northumberland, Truly Local – Not for Profit – community based – a mix of talk and varied music – Web site
Town of Cobourg News
- The Town has a News Centre page for Public announcements and Press Releases. Go here.
- The Town’s Twitter page is here.
- Or sign up for their newsletters here.
- Or see their facebook page here.
Mayor of Cobourg – Lucas Cleveland – Social Media
- Cobourg Police issues regular Press Releases and they are put online fairly quickly. Go here.
- The Police also publish a Crime Map which shows how many (but not all) crimes are distributed geographically. Go Here.
Archives of News
For older news, web sites use a search function to allow readers to access older stories. The local news web sites that have this capability are:
- Cobourg News Blog – September 2017 to current date – go to search box – top right every page. Home page.
- Northumberland News – 2002 to current date – Includes Northumberland Today articles from 2012 to November 2017. Go to search box at top right of page. Home page
- Today’s Northumberland – Feb 2018 to current date. Go to search box – top right every page – Home page
- Cobourg Now – March 2016 to current date. Go to search box below menu at top right. Home Page
Note that old news (more than a few years old) occupies space on servers and it’s unrealistic to expect it to be preserved forever. If you think an old article is worth preserving, then download it and save it on your computer or print it.
There is a list of calendars telling you what’s on in Cobourg available here.