You should know that Cobourg News Blog does not cover all the news in Cobourg and certainly not the rest of Northumberland. Go to the About Page here for a description of “Topics Covered”.
However, below is a list of web sites that help fill the gap. Most of them cover all of Northumberland and not just Cobourg. All are free although Northumberland News is expected to start charging before too long.
Additional Sources of News
Other web sites with coverage of Cobourg News (as of June 2019)
|News Source||Operated by||Type||Email Subscription||Includes
|Today’s Northumberland||Pete Fisher||News – focus on Police, accidents, primarily West Northumberland – recommended.||No||No||No comments|
|Northumberland News||MetroLand Media||News Wide ranging, all Northumberland – registration recommended and expected to become paid subscriptions eventually.||Yes||Yes||Must register to comment – comments rarely made|
|Jay Robinson||* News – mostly feel good news, separate pages for each community||No||No||Allowed but rarely made|
|Northumberland 89.7 FM||Community Radio Station||News – in depth reports, primarily West Northumberland||No||Yes||Allowed but rarely made|
|My FM||My Broadcasting Corporation (Radio)||News – wide ranging||Yes||Yes||No comments|
|Consider This||Robert Washburn||News – not very active||Yes||No||No comments|
|The Burd Report 2.0||Ben Burd||Blog with opinions – not very active||No||No||Allowed|
|Cobourg Media||Graham Beer||News – not very active – blog format||No||No||Allowed but rarely made|
|Snapd – Northumberland||Fred Gouveia||* Community Events||No||Yes||No comments|
* RSS Subscription available
Town of Cobourg News
- The Town has a News Centre page for Public announcements and Press Releases. Go here.
- If you want to navigate the Town’s site but need help, go to the Guide to Town of Cobourg Web site.
Archives of News
For older news, web sites use a search function to allow readers to access older stories. The local news web sites that have this capability are:
- Cobourg Internet – July 2013 to September 2017 – Search page here
- Cobourg News Blog – September 2017 to current date – go to search box – top right every page. Home page.
- Northumberland News – 2002 to current date – Includes Northumberland Today articles from 2012 to November 2017. Go to search box at top right of page. Home page
- Today’s Northumberland – Feb 2018 to current date. Go to search box – top right every page – Home page
- Cobourg Now – March 2016 to current date. Go to search box below menu at top right. Home Page
- Cobourg Media (Graham Beer) – November 2016 to current date. Go to search box below menu at top right. Home Page
The Hub was a launch pad with links to local news. This was provided as a public service by Local News Northumberland. This service ceased updates on 15 February 2019 and is now offline. The intent was always to be temporary and help people find the sources listed above and more.
If you would like an email every morning with news about Canada and the World, then you’ll want to subscribe to the Bullet here.
Here is a list of calendars telling you what’s on in Cobourg. Mostly these have a limited number of events and include locations outside Cobourg.
|Snapd||One the best although it also includes club and educational events. It also covers Port Hope as well as Cobourg.|
|Concert Hall||It is actually their booking calendar and you cannot enter information yourself. But they manage bookings for many of Cobourg’s events|
|Town of Cobourg||Only Town managed events and you cannot enter events yourself. Often slow to load and has a poor format. A disappointment.|
|Northumberland County||Quite good. As you’d expect, covers whole county|
|Northumberland News||Covers Northumberland County but the time frame does not extend far into the future.|
|My FM Radio Station||A limited number of events|
|Kawartha Now||Includes most Cobourg Events – link at left uses search for Cobourg to limit results.|
|Cobourg Internet Calendar||Compiled from the above calendars plus some events from “non-calendar” sources. Also filtered so it includes mostly only Cobourg Entertainment events open to the public. (The Capitol Theatre is an exception.)|